That Afternoon in Hiroshima



After spending time with our sister at her high school
we hopped on a train to head downtown.

I still can't believe we did all this in a day.


The rural train takes forever to get to the city
but I loved watching the scene pass us by.

My sister opted to take a nap :)


Once we were in the city
we took a walk around the Hiroshima peace park.

I adore the architecture of the museum.
Tange is a genius.


We also saw the genbaku dome at dusk.

The only building left standing in the area
after the first atomic bomb on August 6th, 1945.

I will forever pray for peace.


We caught the bus out of the city
and head to the airport to catch our flights.

But before we left, we bought momiji manju
which is a must souvenir in Hiroshima.

And we might have eaten onomichi ramen, too.

Labels: , ,