The Blackout

(photo by Ronald Martinez, Getty Images)


Did you hear about the blackout at the super bowl this year?

Sunday night football usually means
Monday morning football for us in Japan.

And I couldn't take the morning off.
But I did hear about the 34 minute blackout.



Did I mention I love blackouts?

Especially inside a big dome or stadium.
All that energy packed inside the darkness.

It's pretty awesome if you've ever experienced it.



When helping out at tennis tournaments every year
we always have days that turn into a rainy day at center court.

The thing about these tournaments is that
they are suppose to be outdoors.

So even if we know that the rain is coming
we literally have to wait until the last minute to close the roof.

But also, the roof takes 30 minutes for it to close.
And also all the lights go out while it closes.

Ha.



I took these pictures on my cellphone last year
when we were opening the roof for the second match.

It went pitch black for a minute.
(we got everyone to wave their cellphones)

Then the light came streaming down into the court
as the roof started moving out.

LOVE.IT.

Labels: ,