The Valentine's Day Cookies


This four day week was so so busy at work
I was worried I wouldn't be able to make anything.

But I did!


Did I have to kind of threaten my coworker
to let me go home if he wanted something the next day?
(Yes, I did.)

Was I planning on making something more elaborate
but thought...ugh cookies are so much easier?
(Yes, yes I did.)

Did I stay up until 2am baking cookies and
writing Valentine's Day messages and fall asleep on the floor?
(Yes, oh yes I did.)


But I'm so glad I did!

Seeing the happy smiles on my coworkers faces
and the fun I ended up having was worth every minute :D


Valentine's Day Cookies
(adapted from Two Tarts)



Ingredients:

3 2/3 cups  flour
1 1/4 tsp  baking soda
1 1/2 tsp  baking powder
1/2 tsp  coarse salt
200g  butter
1 1/4 cup  brown sugar
1 cup  granulated sugar
2  eggs
2 tsp  vanilla extract
3/4 cup  strawberry chocolate chips
1/4 cup  chocolate chunks



Directions:

1.
Preheat oven to 180℃.

2.
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
Mix butter and sugar in another bowl.
Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat together.

3.
Add dry mix to butter mix
and combine well.
Add the chocolate chips/chunks.

4.
Make a golf ball sized ball of dough
and flatten it slightly on the baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.


*You can use whatever chocolate you want.
Or even use raisins or nuts.

*Even if the middle of the cookies is still gooy
take out of oven when the edges get brown.
Once it cools it'll be the perfect amount of chewy!




I made so much I took some extra for my girlfriends at work.
And yes, I ate a few hundred myself, too!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Labels: , , ,