The Blueberry Kakigori


Kakigori, which is what we call shaved ice, is my favorite summer dessert. Cold and refreshing, it just hits the spot during our hot and humid summers in Tokyo. I could eat this morning, noon, and night.

Well, if the blueberry picking didn't tempt you enough to go to the blueberry farm Myrtille Moriyama (ミルティーユ毛呂山), I'm pretty sure this will.

There was a little cafe/shop on the side of the farm called Hatofura (はとふら). They have a lovely terrace outside under a roof of grape vines. Perfect spot to enjoy the ice cream and kakigori we ordered while taking a break from blueberry picking!

The shop sold various jam, tea, and even fresh vegetables. It was one of the sweetest shops I've ever been inside and reminded me of the shops you see in the Anne of Green Gables movie (which, of couse, I love!).

Don't you wish you were eating kakigori here right now? :D

The entrance to the farm and cafe.

Handwritten menu.

Fresh vegetables for sale, too!

Couldn't resist buying homemade jam!

Jars of herbal tea.

I love how this little shop is set up...everything looks lovely.

Blueberry Ice Cream

Blueberry Kakigori (it was delicious!!!)

Isn't this an amazing place? :D

Labels: , , ,