The Trip To Kagoshima: Prologue


Hi everyone!

I'm back from my trip to Kagoshima and I can tell you...there will be lots of posts coming. I took so many pictures, it was ridiculous. It's going to take awhile to go through them all.

I was initially worried heading into this trip because about a week before my flight, I found mangoes on sale at the super market. And because I love mangoes, I jumped at the chance to buy one. Well, this ended up being a teeny tiny mistake.

Did you know that mangoes and hay fever are a dangerous combination?

I wasn't feeling 100% from my hinoki allergies already but the day after I ate the mango, my lips started itching. And they started feeling like they were super swollen, like Angelina Jolie's lips on steroids. Then the itching spread all over my face and neck, getting all red and puffy.

By this time, I'd figured out it was probably the mango so I went to the hospital to get medication. This was two days before flying to Kagoshima and I wasn't feeling up to a trip at all.

But some how the swelling and itchiness was mildly better by the time I took off to Kagoshima and it got better as the days went on. You could say it was maybe due to the fresh air in Yakushima and all the onsen time I had in Kagoshima. Either way, I ended up having a great time!

Can't wait to tell you all about it! x

Labels: , ,