The August Link Love


Yipee! August is here!

I know I always say how fast time flies every month but last month surprisingly felt like it would last forever. July was much too long for me. Its like this every year though because I cannot wait for August to start. The reason for this is that, not only is August a month filled with festivals and fireworks throughout Japan, it is also my birthday month! (That's right, I don't just celebrate my birthday...I celebrate the whole month!) Yay!

This month I'll be getting a lot of family time. My baby sister is staying with me for a bit before she heads off to work for most of the summer at a hospital (she's studying nursing in college). It's nice having her here, even though my apartment is tiny. I always forget how nice it is to have someone here and getting to use "Tada-i-ma (I'm home!)" when I come home! 

I'm also going home to Imabari with my other sister during Obon break, which is the only time my sister can get time off of work. If you can avoid Obon travel in Japan, I would suggest you do. Super expensive and transportation is crazy crowded. But since my parents live in rural Japan, once I get there it's all about the slow life, which I'm looking forward to. Can't wait to bond with family and go swimming in the ocean!

Do you have any plans for Obon and/or summer break? x

-------------------------------------------------------Link Love-------------------------------------------------------

- "Freed from everything, the plants shall head to the space."

- Seoul has a library filled with books on travel, architecture, and photography!

This looks delicious!

- Beautiful book covers...you can never have too many Jane Austen books!

- Curious how this experiment worked out.

Storm clouds and thunder in my apartment? Yes, please!

Labels: