The Henderson Waves in Singapore


Have you seen a more beautiful pedestrian bridge?

I first saw the Henderson Waves featured on the instagram blog (here) and thought, Wow!!! It was so unique and you know I love all things made of wood. In this case, Yellow Balau wood.

Henderson Waves is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore and is located in the Telok Blangah district. It connects Mount Faber Park with Telok Blangah Hill Park, stretching 36 meters above Henderson Road. (more here)


I was beyond excited about getting to go there and seeing it in person while we were in SIngapore. We took a taxi from our hotel and asked to be driven to Henderson Wave Bridge. Our fabulous Malay taxi driver informed us that we would have to walk part of the way, which was fine. He had a load of interesting information regarding Singapore and we chatted all the way there. I love taxi drivers in Singapore!

We were there in the late morning so it was pretty hot. But the tall trees gave us shade as we walked along the trail to Henderson Wave Bridge. I noticed you can hear the birds chirping away. There were a lot of runners on this trail, although it seemed like we were the only tourists there. After awhile we turned a corner and suddenly we were there!

I really wish I had a wide-lens camera to show you how gorgeous this place was (still saving my pennies...or yen, if you will). But you get the idea. The entire bridge is structured like a wave. We had a great view from above but my eyes were constantly drawn to the beauty of the wooden slats. So beautiful. We pretty much had the whole bridge to ourselves and it was fabulous.

At night, the bridge is lit up with LED lights. It sounds gorgeous, doesn't it? Next time I'm in Singapore, I'm definitely coming here to sit around and watch the sunset. X


Here are some photos:

(photos by R)
(photo by R)

Labels: , ,