The Best Kept Sakura Secret in Yoyogi


Did you think I was done with this years sakura season?

Not so fast! I couldn't move on without posting about the weekend I discovered rows and rows of cherry blossoms in Yoyogi. And the best part? There were absolutely no crowds. This place may be the best kept secret in Yoyogi...or even Tokyo!

My friend F and I decided to go hunt for cherry blossoms in Yoyogi so we first stopped by Yoyogi Village to get fuel for the afternoon. Then, with coffee in one hand and a bagel in the other, we were off!

Strolling along the road, we discovered a row of cherry blossoms. It was in a restricted area and while we were trying to figure out how to sneak in...we saw that the facility had even more cherry blossoms than we realized.

The National Olympic Memorial Youth Center was bursting with blooms. I don't know about F but I am still patting myself on the back for inadvertently stopping by this facility. There were a few people walking around admiring the sakura like we were, but mostly the streets inside the grounds were deserted. 

We found a bench under the row of trees and relaxed for a bit. It wasn't the most sunniest of days but it didn't seem to matter. Everything was beautiful and I had a great time chatting away with F on that bench.

And our timing was perfect. Once we were on our way to another coffee shop, it actually started to rain. So glad we were able to enjoy the gorgeous blooms while we could! x

Here are some photos:

(photo taken by F)

Labels: ,