The Super Everyday Ordinary Exhibit by Grace Lee


I was lucky enough to stop by the happiest little gallery in all the land!

After our afternoon sakura hunt through Yoyogi, my friend F and I headed over to L’illustre Galerie LE MONDE, a small gallery in Harajuku that specializes in illustrations. F just happened to be friends with Grace Lee, who's exhibit Super Everyday Ordinary was ending that day. And I am so happy we made it there in time to see everything!

Grace was the most charming person ever and she showed us around the gallery. This gallery was actually a photo-friendly place, so I started snapping away! Her drawings are so quirky but also wonderfully relatable, just like her. And I mean that in the best way possible, she is a gem!

F and I almost fell over from delight when we spotted an illustration of a striped tshirt, just like the one we were wearing! So of course we had to take a photo with it! ;D 

By the time we were done browsing through everything and chatting with Grace, it was time for the gallery to close. And because we were there and didn't have any plans, F and I stayed behind to help Grace and the gallery owner Yoshi (who is an illustrator himself) clear the gallery.

As I'm not an artist, I wouldn't know how it feels to take down your art at an gallery...but I can imagine it would be bittersweet. Everything was so perfectly placed that it was hard even for me to take down the artwork. How I wanted it to stay just as it was!

After everything was done, we all went out to eat delicious Thai food down the street to celebrate a successful exhibit. The great thing about having a Thai friend is that they know where the good Thai restaurants around town are! F even spoke to the staff to ask for "regular" spiciness. Yum yum!

Both Grace and F are artists and it's always really interesting, not to mention inspiring, to learn how they bring to life their creativeness. Kudos to these girls for going doing what they love! xx


Here are some photos:

(photo by Grace Lee)
(Left photo by Fai)

L’ILLUSTRE GALERIE LE MONDE
201 Dormi Harajuku, 6-35-5 Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
東京都渋谷区神宮前6-32-5 ドルミ原宿201
TEL: 03 6433 5699
HOURS: 12:00pm-8:00pm (Closed Mondays)


KAFFIR LIME (カフィアライム)
2nd Floor, 6-1-5 Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
東京都渋谷区神宮前6-1-5 2F
TEL: 03 3400 2918
HOURS: 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-11:00pm

Labels: , , , ,