The Book and Sons in Gakugei Daigaku


You know I have a weakness for typography.

So when I heard that a secondhand bookshop focused on typography opened in Gakugei Daigaku this spring, I had to go see for myself. 

Well...myself and my friend F. We were exploring the Gakugei Daigaku area and I decided to drag her with me. She's the best...and I think she secretly has a thing for typography, too.

This bookshop is really beautiful. There's music in the air and endless amazing typography related books to browse through. So many art books and magazines I'd never seen before, it was difficult to keep my hands to myself.

The high ceiling and large windows give the bookshop a gallery feel, which makes sense because apparently the very back of the bookshop is sometimes used as a gallery or community gathering place. On top of that, they also have a coffee stand for you to enjoy. We unfortunately were a couple days too early to try it...darn.

Well, that just gives me another reason to go back, so it's all good. 

If you like design, graphics and typography books with a dash of coffee, then this bookshop is definitely for you. I leave you with these lovely words from their website: 
We hope our store will open your eyes to the beauty and soulfulness of typography.


Here are some photos:














BOOK AND SONS
2-13-3 Takaban, Meguro-ku, Tokyo JAPAN
東京都目黒区鷹番2-13-3 キャトル鷹番
TEL: 03 6451 0845
OPEN: 12:00am-7:00pm (closed days notified on twitter)

Labels: ,