The Community Station KITAKITA


When you have a place like this to wait for the airport shuttle bus, it doesn't even matter that you have almost an hour to kill after getting off the local train.

Community Station KITAKITA is not only a cafe, but also part architectural design firm and part share space. The two designers that operate the space mentioned that they also rent out the open space for events. They were nice enough to show me around the renovated space because I was pretty curious as to how they changed the layout.

Isn't the space beautiful?

I was only there to pass the time before heading to the airport, but I learned about other interesting places in the Kita Akita area that made me wish I had more time here. Just another reason for me to come back, I guess!

If you're ever in the area, stop by for a cup of coffee or just to chat with the friendly designers :)

Here are some photos:

















COMMUNITY STATION KITAKITA
3-18 Matsuba-cho, Kita Akita-shi, Akita JAPAN
秋田県北秋田市松葉町3-18
OPEN: 10:00am-6:00pm (closed Sun & Wed / varies by month, check website!)
ACCESS: right across from Takanosu Station on the JR Ou Main Line 

Labels: ,